Bethesda Chevy Chase Surgery Center, LLC is licensed by the state of Maryland. It was established in 2010 by hospital and clinical personnel to offer safe, high-quality surgical care. You will find that because the center specializes in outpatient surgery, our patients enjoy many advantages including personalized service and excellent medical care.
Before Your Surgery
- Our pre-operative nurse interviewer will contact you prior to your surgery. They will review your health history, medications, lab work and pre-operative instructions
- Notify your surgeon immediately, if there is a change in your physical condition such as a cold, fever or any respiratory problems.
- DO NOT eat anything after midnight the night before your surgery. You CAN drink water, Gatorade, tea and coffee (NO MILK/CREAM, NO SUGAR) up until 4 hours prior to your surgery time. Please follow any additional instructions given by your surgeon. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in cancellation of your surgery.
- Please be sure to tell your surgeon if you are on any type of blood thinners or aspirin. Please stop all medications and over the counter supplements after midnight the day of surgery unless instructed otherwise by the pre-operative nurse, your PCP, Specialist or Surgeon.
- Do not forget – if you are undergoing anesthesia, you must have a responsible adult to drive you home after surgery. Uber/Taxi and other ride share services cannot be used unless accompanied by another responsible adult.
- Contact your surgeon's office prior to surgery to schedule or receive information regarding your post operative appointment - BCCSC does not set up your post-operative visit with the surgeon.
The Day of Surgery
- You will fill your pre-operative paperwork upon arrival. You can also complete the forms ahead of time by clicking the link: Patient Forms
- What to bring
- Bring your driver’s license and all insurance cards with you on the day of surgery.
- If your child is having surgery, feel free to bring a favorite stuffed animal or security blanket for added assurance
- What to wear the day of surgery
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is large enough to accommodate a sling, brace, or large bandages post-operatively. Wear comfortable shoes such as slip-on’s – no heels.
- If you are having a shoulder surgery, please bring a loose, comfortable T-shirt to change into post-operatively. This will be most comfortable for you following the procedure.
- DO NOT on the day of surgery
- DO NOT wear any jewelry (including body piercings)
- DO NOT wear any make-up, perfume or cologne
- DO NOT bring any valuables with you
- DO NOT wear contact lenses, bring glasses if possible
After Your Surgery
- Your surgeon will provide post-operative instructions regarding diet, rest, exercise and medications. You will be provided with a written summary of these discharge instructions.
- If anesthesia has been administered, you must have a responsible adult present to drive you home after surgery.
- A nurse from BCCSC will call you on the next business day following your surgery to check on your progress and discuss any questions you may have.
If you have any unexpected problems, please call your surgeon. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest hospital.